Nobody says “I do” hoping that their marriage will fail. Yet, even with only seven out of every 1,000 couples walking down the aisle, many marriages are still ending in divorce.
There are many signs that a relationship is on its way out, people just don’t catch them fast enough to save their marriages. This is bad news since research reveals what everyone who has been through a divorce already knows – divorce triggers psychological distress and a decline in life satisfaction.
What are the signs that your relationship is unhappy? What can you do about a failed marriage? Is there anything you can learn from it? You will learn all of these in this article.
Signs of a Failing Marriage
You don’t have to experience a divorce to learn how to save your marriage. If you feel that you need marriage advice, look no further. Here are 14 signs of a failing marriage:
- You feel annoyed to be in the same room together.
- You’re always arguing.
- You fantasize about being without your partner.
- You often consider cheating on your spouse.
- Conversations are awkward or overly formal.
- You don’t enjoy spending time together.
- You’re not happy, ever.
- There is constant infidelity in the relationship.
- You are always blaming one another for your problems.
- You no longer communicate together.
- Your sex life is dismal.
- Your partner is verbally or physically abusive.
- There is substance abuse in the marriage.
- You’re only staying together for the kids.
How to Cope with a Failing Marriage
If any of the above sounds like your relationship, your marriage is definitely on the rocks.
Seek marriage counseling, open up the lines of communication, and commit to a weekly date night together. This has been proven to improve communication, intimacy, and reduce marital boredom. Couples who have a regular date night are also 20 percent less likely to get divorced.
What If Your Marriage Failed Already? 8 Lessons to Learn
Of course, it’s always good if you can save a marriage that is falling apart. But even if you failed to save it, there’re still lessons to learn from it,
Continue on the next page to read all…..