Anthony Joshua ‘fit and healthy’ despite Queen, Charles contact

METRO PLUS

Hushpuppi: US court dismisses fraud case against Nigerian, Mr Woodberry

A US court has dismissed a fraud case against a Nigerian accused of cyber-crime, Olalekan Ponle, popularly known as Mr Woodberry.

Four Police officers arrested for fleeing kidnap scene of Maku’s niece

Four police officers who failed to stop the kidnapping of Salisu Usman Maku, nephew of former information minister Labaran Maku have been arrested.

54-year-old pastor defiles girl,10, in Ogun

• Teenager remanded for alleged rape of minor• Man, 28, rapes 14-year-old girlDaud Olatunji, Abiodun...

Generator fumes kill three Delta kids, carpenter falls, dies

Three siblings have died after inhaling generator fumes in Emevor community, in the Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.

Police arrest 60-year-old man for defiling 9-year-old girl in Anambra

Police in Anambra State have arrested a 60-year-old man for allegedly defiling a 9-year-old girl in Nkwelle Ezunaka, near Onitsha.
d05f6bc5113cc2bfa1adb1ff7f1b93a6?s=120&d=mm&r=g
Punchvibehttps://www.tribunepointweekly/
Wish To Know Me?, Am Just An Avid Blogger.

Anthony Joshua remains ‘fit and healthy’ despite coming into contact with Prince Charles only a couple of weeks before the heir to the throne tested positive for coronavirus.

The world heavyweight champion is following government guidelines around self-isolation but has shown no symptoms of the deadly disease, which threatens to derail his upcoming fight with Kubrat Pulev.

On Wednesday, Prince Charles became the most high-profile member of the British establishment to contact coronavirus, with Clarence House announcing that the 71-year-old had been showing mild symptoms “but otherwise remains in good health.”

It remains unclear when he caught the illness but on March 9, Prince Charles spent the day with the Queen, prime minister Boris Johnson and stars of sport and entertainment – including Joshua – at the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey.

An official spokesman said, “AJ is at home following government guidelines, he is fit and well. He wishes everyone affected a speedy recovery and a huge thank you to all the front line key workers.”

Joshua is due to defend his IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight titles against mandatory challenger Pulev at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20.

Amid the nationwide lockdown, he is keeping busy at home to remain in shape but with upcoming fights being shelved across the board, Joshua’s hopes of meeting fellow Briton Tyson Fury for the undisputed crown face being pushed back to 2021 at the earliest.

Sign up to FREE email alerts from Tribunepoint Weekly - Daily News

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

- Advertisement -

MOST READ

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

LATEST ARTICLES

Okowa orders investigation as police allegedly chasing Yahoo boys crush mother, child to death

The Delta State Governor, Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa, has ordered an immediate investigation into the death of a woman and her baby.

Fake COVID-19 vaccine in Nigeria – NAFDAC warns

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on Friday revealed that it had received reports of the importation...

Our chairman not sacked by Buhari – NDLEA

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has denied reports that its Chairman, retired Col. Muhammad Abdallah has been sacked by President...

COVID-19: Nigerian govt gives condition for fresh lockdown

The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, has said that the compliance level of Nigerians will determine whether a fresh lockdown will...

Eastern Security Network, nightmare to FG – Nnamdi Kanu blasts DSS for creating faceless Igbo elders group

Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Saturday, declared that the Eastern Security Network was a nightmare to...