Coronavirus: Global death toll exceeds 1 million

METRO PLUS

Hushpuppi: US court dismisses fraud case against Nigerian, Mr Woodberry

A US court has dismissed a fraud case against a Nigerian accused of cyber-crime, Olalekan Ponle, popularly known as Mr Woodberry.

Four Police officers arrested for fleeing kidnap scene of Maku’s niece

Four police officers who failed to stop the kidnapping of Salisu Usman Maku, nephew of former information minister Labaran Maku have been arrested.

54-year-old pastor defiles girl,10, in Ogun

• Teenager remanded for alleged rape of minor• Man, 28, rapes 14-year-old girlDaud Olatunji, Abiodun...

Generator fumes kill three Delta kids, carpenter falls, dies

Three siblings have died after inhaling generator fumes in Emevor community, in the Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.

Police arrest 60-year-old man for defiling 9-year-old girl in Anambra

Police in Anambra State have arrested a 60-year-old man for allegedly defiling a 9-year-old girl in Nkwelle Ezunaka, near Onitsha.

The number of global coronavirus deaths has exceeded 1 million.

Cases recorded have passed 33.5 million.

The United States is the worst hit with over 7.3 million cases and 209,000 deaths.

Brazil has nearly 4.75 million cases, with 142,000 deaths.

There are more than 6.1 million cases in India and 96,000 fatalities.

On Tuesday, figures by Johns Hopkins University and Worldometers confirmed the 7-figure death toll.

The pandemic was first recorded in Wuhan, China.

The U.S. and China clashed last week at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).

President Donald Trump, in his pre-recorded video message, called COVID-19 the “China virus” for the umpteenth time.

He insisted that all counties must hold them accountable for unleashing “this plague onto the world”.

“In the earliest days of the virus, China locked down travel domestically while allowing flights to leave China and infect the world”, Trump said.

The American leader reiterated that China and the World Health Organisation (WHO) “deliberately misled” the world on the mode of transmission.

Zhang Jun, Chinese ambassador to the UN, fired back, adding that China would not be cowed by America’s “bully tactics”.

“We strongly and totally reject the baseless accusation against China. No matter what others say, we support multilateralism and the UN to play its central role in international affairs,” Jun said.

Sign up to FREE email alerts from Tribunepoint Weekly - Daily News

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

- Advertisement -

MOST READ

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

LATEST ARTICLES

Fake COVID-19 vaccine in Nigeria – NAFDAC warns

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on Friday revealed that it had received reports of the importation...

Our chairman not sacked by Buhari – NDLEA

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has denied reports that its Chairman, retired Col. Muhammad Abdallah has been sacked by President...

COVID-19: Nigerian govt gives condition for fresh lockdown

The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, has said that the compliance level of Nigerians will determine whether a fresh lockdown will...

Eastern Security Network, nightmare to FG – Nnamdi Kanu blasts DSS for creating faceless Igbo elders group

Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Saturday, declared that the Eastern Security Network was a nightmare to...

BREAKING: APC suspends Abe, Wechie, Aguma

The Ogbobula Isaac-led Caretaker Committee of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Rivers State on Saturday, suspended Sen. Magnus Abe, Hon. Igo...