Coronavirus: Prince Harry, Meghan now in US – Report

METRO PLUS

How police, other security agencies foiled abduction of 4 Plateau varsity students

Nigerian Security Agencies have prevented the abduction of about four students of the Plateau State University in Bokkos Local Government Area of...

Father kills 18-year-old son in Kano over missing palm oil

A resident of the Gwazaye Quarter in the Kumbotso Local Government Area of Kano State, Awaisu Nagyala, has allegedly beaten his 18-year-old...

Security guard invites robbers to rob employer

The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a security guard working at the S.A. Filling Station in Ondo town, Abiodun Osuntimehin, for...

Three killed as robbers attack bank in Delta

Armed robbers on Tuesday reportedly killed three persons when they attacked a bank in the Issele-Uku, Aniocha North Local Governments Area of...

Kidnapping: Court laments delay in Evans trial

Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo of an Ikeja Special Offences Court has expressed worries over the delay in the trial of Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, popularly...
Punchvibehttps://www.tribunepointweekly/
Wish To Know Me?, Am Just An Avid Blogger.

Prince Harry and his wife Meghan have permanently relocated to California amid the coronavirus pandemic, media reports said Friday.

The royal couple flew by private jet from Canada to Los Angeles last week before the border between the two countries closed because of the deadly virus outbreak, The Sun reported.

“Harry and Meghan have left Canada now for good,” a “royal insider” told the tabloid.

“The borders were closing and flights were stopping. They had to get out.”

The border between the US and Canada – the longest in the world – closed last week in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, as both countries see escalating numbers of cases.

Harry and Meghan rocked the royal family with their January announcement that they will no longer represent the monarchy as they pursue a new, financially independent life.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will formally step back from royal duties on March 31.

It had been thought they would base themselves in Canada, where they have spent time in recent months.

But The Sun said the move to California “had been planned for some time” and that the couple had “realised Canada would not work out for various reasons”.

“They want to be based in the Los Angeles area,” the source told the tabloid.

Meghan grew up in the Californian city and her mother, Doria Ragland, still lives there.

The one-time actress also has a network of friends and work contacts in Los Angeles, where she could now restart her career.

Disney announced on Thursday that she will narrate a new film about a family of African elephants, set for release next Friday.

Kensington Palace, the couple’s official residence, did not respond to a request for comment about the reported US move.

In Britain, the royal family has been showing solidarity with frontline health staff in the fight against the new coronavirus.

Prince Charles, who has tested positive for the virus but is so far showing only mild symptoms, appeared for the first time since the Wednesday announcement of his diagnosis.

The heir to Queen Elizabeth II joined Britons across the country showing their appreciation for state-run National Health Service workers by publicly clapping simultaneously at 8pm (2000 GMT) on Thursday.

Clarence House posted a video on Instagram showing the queen’s eldest son applauding from the family’s Balmoral estate in Scotland, where he is self-isolating.

The children of his eldest son Prince William and wife Kate were also filmed clapping for Britain’s army of health staff in another video posted to Instagram.

(AFP)

Sign up to FREE email alerts from Tribunepoint Weekly - Daily News

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

- Advertisement -

Read Also

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Ontario’s stay-at-home order will likely be extended into June to avoid fourth COVID-19 wave

Ontario has been advised to "stay the course" with the province's pandemic restrictions until COVID-19 cases experience a significant decline, which could...

Solskjaer slams ‘impossible schedule’ after Man Utd qualify for Europa League final

Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has hit out at the Premier League after they were ordered to play three matches in...

Saraki plots comeback in Kwara, as APC grapples with internal crisis

In 2019, the 16 years reign of former Senate President, Bukola Saraki as the King of Kwara politics came to an end...

Insecurity: Employ mercenaries to fight bandits, Boko Haram – Buba Galadima to Buhari

Buba Galadima, former leader of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, has called on the Federal Government to re-enlist the services...

Children 12 and older now cleared to receive Pfizer vaccine: Health Canada

Health Canada says the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine is now safe to give to children ages 12 and up. The...