Dasuki: First thing ex-NSA did when he returned home after 4 years in detention [PHOTOS]

METRO PLUS

Many feared dead as explosion rocks Benue community [PHOTOS]

Scores have been reportedly killed in a fuel tanker explosion at the Amoke village of Apa Local Government Area in Benue State.

Osun: One dead, children, others injured as masquerades attack Muslims

At least, one person has been confirmed dead while about 12 persons, including children sustained gunshot injuries in a clash that ensued...

4 confirmed dead after car hit six pedestrians in Yola

Four pedestrians have been confirmed dead and two others injured after a car hit them around the Adamawa State capital, Yola.

Two rescued, 12 abducted in Kaduna community

Kaduna Police Command has rescued two persons, while 12 others were abducted by bandits in Kachia local government area of Kaduna State.

Man sets in-law’s house ablaze in Jigawa

A 40-year-old man, Ibrahim Musa has set his in-law’s house ablaze at Kuzoyara village, Birniwa local Government area of Jigawa State.

Former National Security Adviser to ex -President, Goodluck Jonathan, Sambo Dasuki, returned to his Abuja home 9pm Tuesday night after a 4-year incarceration.

Dasuki had been in the Department of State Services’ (DSS) detention since December 29, 2015.

Once he arrived at his residence, DAILY POST was informed that he observed some moment of privacy.

“The first thing he did was to pray. He went into a private mode and was there for several minutes. After that, he embraced every one in the house”, our source said.

Dasuki was surrounded by his wife, children, relatives and some close associates.

Our source said the atmosphere was very emotional as many cried at the sight of the retired colonel.

“Dasuki remains strong; you know how military men are. He was actually the one comforting others, telling them to stop crying”, the source added.

The Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Abubakar Malami, ordered his release on Tuesday.

Convener of #RevolutionNow, Omoyele Sowore, was also freed from detention.

Malami advised them to observe the terms of their bail and refrain from engaging in any act that is inimical to public peace and national security as well as their ongoing trial which will run its course in accordance with the laws of the land.

A statement he signed said: “My office has chosen to comply with the court orders while considering the pursuit of its rights of appeal and/or review of the order relating to the bail as granted or varied by the courts.

“In line with the provisions of Sections 150(1) of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), and in compliance with the bail granted to Col. Sambo Dasuki (Rtd) (as recently varied by the Court of Appeal) and the bail granted to Omoyele Sowore, I have directed the State Security Services to comply with the order granting bail to the Defendants and effect their release.

“I wish to reiterate again the utmost regard of my office for the entire judicial structure of Nigeria.

“This administration remains unrelenting in deepening the rule of law and the administration of justice in general.”

Sign up to FREE email alerts from Tribunepoint Weekly - Daily News

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

- Advertisement -

Read Also

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Anambra 2021: Soludo remains APGA Guber candidate – Ex-CBN boss’ spokesman, Pauly Onyeka insists

The camp of former Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Governor Prof. Charles Soludo, has rubbished the recent court orders declaring Chuma Umeoji...

Kwara APC crisis: Parallel congresses imminent on Saturday

There are strong indications that parallel congresses will be held by the two major warring factions of the All Progressives Congress in...

Man City to get £10m from Sancho’s transfer to Manchester United

Manchester City will earn around £10 million following Jadon Sancho’s move from Borussia Dortmund to their rivals Manchester United.

We don’t rig elections, Nigerians trust us – APC replies PDP

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has rejected the allegation of planned rigging in 2023 made by National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic...

UK govt meets FG over Nnamdi Kanu’s rearrest, pledges to assist IPOB leader

The British High Commission has said it will engage the Nigerian Government over the rearrest of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous...