Djokovic tests positive for COVID-19

METRO PLUS

US arraigns 11 Nigerians over fresh $6m fraud

Barely two weeks after the United States indicted six Nigerians for their alleged involvement in over $6m internet fraud, 11 more Nigerians have...

Okadamen stone Lagos businessman to death for hitting partially sighted man

A businessman, Usman Yamah, has been killed by a group of motorcyclists in the Elepe area of the Ikorodu North Local Government...

Hushpuppi: Fraud does not represent who we are, says Dabiri-Erewa

The Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, says criminal acts such as fraud do not define the Nigerian people.

Police arrest dismissed sergeant for robbery

The suspect, Makama Musa, was a sergeant before his dismissal from the ForceArmstrong Bakam, Bauchi

Two dead, many injured in Lagos-Ibadan Expressway tanker explosions

Two persons were confirmed dead, while several others were injured after two petrol-laden tankers went up in flames at the Kara Bridge...
d05f6bc5113cc2bfa1adb1ff7f1b93a6?s=120&d=mm&r=g
Punchvibehttps://www.tribunepointweekly/
Wish To Know Me?, Am Just An Avid Blogger.

World number one Novak Djokovic said Tuesday he had tested positive for coronavirus, the Serb star becoming the fourth player to contract the virus after taking part in his exhibition tennis tournament in the Balkans.

Djokovic, who is “not showing any symptoms” according to a statement from his spokesperson, joins Grigor Dimitrov, Borna Coric and Viktor Troicki in testing positive for COVID-19.

Djokovic said his wife Jelena also tested positive while the results of their children were negative.

“I am extremely sorry for each individual case of infection,” the 33-year-old Serb said in a statement.

“I hope that it will not complicate anyone’s health situation and that everyone will be fine,” the 17-time Grand Slam winner said, adding that he would go into self-isolation for the next 14 days.

Bulgaria’s Dimitrov, the world number 19, announced on Sunday he had tested positive after pulling out of the event, the biggest since the tennis season was halted because of the pandemic.

Croatia’s Coric and Troicki of Serbia also followed suit on Monday, revealing they also had tested positive.

Sunday’s final in the Croatian coastal town of Zadar, which was supposed to feature Djokovic and Russia’s Andrey Rublev, was cancelled.

Some 4,000 fans watched the first leg of the tournament in Belgrade earlier this month.

The slew of positive tests raises questions over the sport’s planned to return in August.

Sign up to FREE email alerts from Tribunepoint Weekly - Daily News

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

- Advertisement -

MOST READ

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

LATEST ARTICLES

Taiwan Expels Two Chinese Journalists Over Political Shows

Taiwan expelled two mainland Chinese journalists Friday after a talk show on their channel pushed for Beijing “unifying” with the self-ruled island,...

The Battle For Bollywood: Virus, Streaming Apps Spark Fears For Cinemas

(FILES) In this file photo taken on September 22, 2017 Sandeep Bacche, an Indian rickshaw driver and fan of Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, poses for a picture in Mumbai. – A Bollywood actor’s face tattooed on his arm, Sandeep Bacche’s devotion shocks few in India where stars enjoy semi-divine status. But even here the hallowed silver screen may be losing its shine to streaming services and pandemic fears. With cinemas shut for months due to a coronavirus lockdown, and little prospect they will open soon, frustrated Bollywood producers have turned to the likes of Amazon, Netflix and Disney+ Hotstar to release films online. (Photo by PUNIT PARANJPE / AFP)

Former Panama Presidents Charged With Money Laundering

Former Panama president Ricardo Martinelli is surrounded by reporters as he arrives at the Prosecutor’s office in Panama City, on July 2, 2020 amid the COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic. – Panama’s former president Ricardo Martinelli must face corruption charges just eight months after he was acquitted of spying on political foes, one of his lawyers said on Wednesday. According to local media, Martinelli has been linked to the so-called “New Business” case in which an editorial group was allegedly bought using public money during his 2009-14 term as president. (Photo by MAURICIO VALENZUELA / AFP)

French Court Rejects New Probe Of Plane Downing That Sparked Rwanda Genocide

French appeals judges on Friday rejected a request to reopen an investigation into the 1994 assassination of Rwanda’s president Juvenal Habyarimana, which...

Buhari Suspends NSITF Boss, 11 Top Officials

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the immediate, compulsory, and indefinite suspension of Mr Adebayo Somefun, the Managing Director and Chief Executive of...