Huawei accuses US of bullying, says partnering Google to counter ban

METRO PLUS

Hushpuppi: US court dismisses fraud case against Nigerian, Mr Woodberry

A US court has dismissed a fraud case against a Nigerian accused of cyber-crime, Olalekan Ponle, popularly known as Mr Woodberry.

Four Police officers arrested for fleeing kidnap scene of Maku’s niece

Four police officers who failed to stop the kidnapping of Salisu Usman Maku, nephew of former information minister Labaran Maku have been arrested.

54-year-old pastor defiles girl,10, in Ogun

• Teenager remanded for alleged rape of minor• Man, 28, rapes 14-year-old girlDaud Olatunji, Abiodun...

Generator fumes kill three Delta kids, carpenter falls, dies

Three siblings have died after inhaling generator fumes in Emevor community, in the Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.

Police arrest 60-year-old man for defiling 9-year-old girl in Anambra

Police in Anambra State have arrested a 60-year-old man for allegedly defiling a 9-year-old girl in Nkwelle Ezunaka, near Onitsha.

Chinese telecoms equipment maker Huawei called itself the victim of US “bullying” on Tuesday and said it was working with Google to counter trade restrictions imposed by Washington last week, a senior Huawei executive said.

The US government said it imposed the restrictions because of Huawei’s involvement in activities contrary to national security or foreign policy interests.

On Monday, it temporarily eased the curbs to minimise disruption for customers, a move dismissed by Huawei’s founder, who said the tech firm had prepared for US action.

Alphabet Inc’s Google had suspended business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware, software and technical services except those publicly available via open source licensing, citing a source familiar with the matter.

“They (Google) have zero motivation to block us.

“We are working closely with Google to find out how Huawei can handle the situation and the impact from the U.S. Department of Commerce decision,” Abraham Liu, Huawei’s representative to the EU institutions said.

Liu said Huawei did not blame Google for its decision and that it was too early to say what the consequences will be.

“Huawei is becoming the victim of the bullying by the US administration. This is not just an attack against Huawei. It is an attack on the liberal, rules-based order,” Liu added.

Sign up to FREE email alerts from Tribunepoint Weekly - Daily News

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

- Advertisement -

MOST READ

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

LATEST ARTICLES

Okowa orders investigation as police allegedly chasing Yahoo boys crush mother, child to death

The Delta State Governor, Arthur Ifeanyi Okowa, has ordered an immediate investigation into the death of a woman and her baby.

Fake COVID-19 vaccine in Nigeria – NAFDAC warns

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on Friday revealed that it had received reports of the importation...

Our chairman not sacked by Buhari – NDLEA

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has denied reports that its Chairman, retired Col. Muhammad Abdallah has been sacked by President...

COVID-19: Nigerian govt gives condition for fresh lockdown

The Presidential Task Force (PTF) on COVID-19, has said that the compliance level of Nigerians will determine whether a fresh lockdown will...

Eastern Security Network, nightmare to FG – Nnamdi Kanu blasts DSS for creating faceless Igbo elders group

Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Saturday, declared that the Eastern Security Network was a nightmare to...