Liverpool legend criticises Rio Ferdinand over comment on Premier League

METRO PLUS

Hushpuppi: US court dismisses fraud case against Nigerian, Mr Woodberry

A US court has dismissed a fraud case against a Nigerian accused of cyber-crime, Olalekan Ponle, popularly known as Mr Woodberry.

Four Police officers arrested for fleeing kidnap scene of Maku’s niece

Four police officers who failed to stop the kidnapping of Salisu Usman Maku, nephew of former information minister Labaran Maku have been arrested.

54-year-old pastor defiles girl,10, in Ogun

• Teenager remanded for alleged rape of minor• Man, 28, rapes 14-year-old girlDaud Olatunji, Abiodun...

Generator fumes kill three Delta kids, carpenter falls, dies

Three siblings have died after inhaling generator fumes in Emevor community, in the Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State.

Police arrest 60-year-old man for defiling 9-year-old girl in Anambra

Police in Anambra State have arrested a 60-year-old man for allegedly defiling a 9-year-old girl in Nkwelle Ezunaka, near Onitsha.
d05f6bc5113cc2bfa1adb1ff7f1b93a6?s=120&d=mm&r=g
Punchvibehttps://www.tribunepointweekly/
Wish To Know Me?, Am Just An Avid Blogger.

Liverpool legend, Steve Nicol, has criticised former Manchester United star, Rio Ferdinand, after the ex-England centre-back called for the 2019/2020 Premier League to be voided due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic across the globe.

Tribunepoint Weekly recalls that Ferdinand had earlier this week claimed that Liverpool should miss out on winning the Premier League, as the world continues to battle with the coronavirus outbreak.

Ferdinand, said: “I think the Premier League should be void. Void it.

“I know there are going to be many of Liverpool fans going to say; ‘oh, Rio, just because you used to play for Manchester United, but this is about life and death situations, about society in the broader grand scheme of things.

“I just don’t see a way that can be done where health is not compromised.”

Reacting to the development, Nicol says what Ferdinand said made no sense, adding that the remaining ten Premier League matches can be concluded in just three or four weeks instead of canceling the season.

“Why void the season? The way Ferdinand was talking, it was all about the safety of the players,” Nicol told ESPN FC.

“Well, the players aren’t training, they’re not together, the teams aren’t together.

“When they do start playing again and are together, then they’ll be no risk to the players.

“There are ten games to go. Listen, if we were only ten games in, I would have absolutely no problem with voiding the season.

“But the fact that you’ve ten games left, top-class teams playing Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday – so three games in a week.

“It will take you between three and four weeks to play ten games. What is the problem with that?

“You’re going to void a whole season for the sake of three to four weeks? That makes no sense to me whatsoever.”

The Premier League is currently on suspension until April 30 due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

Liverpool are currently on top of the Premier League table with 25 points ahead of second-place Manchester City after 28 games.

Sign up to FREE email alerts from Tribunepoint Weekly - Daily News

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

- Advertisement -

MOST READ

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

LATEST ARTICLES

Lekki shooting: Why I said forces were beyond my control – Sanwo Olu

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has explained what he meant when he said that ‘forces’ beyond his direct control were to...

End SARS: Buhari presides over NSC meeting

President Muhammadu Buhari is currently presiding over the National Security Council Meeting, NSC, in Abuja.Bashir Ahmed, the President’s...

It’s s no longer about SARS – Seun Kuti reveals why youths are still protesting

Afrobeat musician and activist, Seun Kuti has said that the protests going on across the country is no longer about the Special...

China steps up 5G network, builds 600,000 base stations

China is investing heavily in the 5th generation (5G) mobile network despite fears in some parts of the world.

End SARS: Defense Minister warns protesters

Defence Minister, Bashir Magashi, has warned End SARS protesters against national security breach.He advised them not to allow...