Nigerian govt reacts to alleged demolition of its High Commission staff quarters in Ghana

METRO PLUS

Plateau lawmaker, Henry Longs is dead

Henry Soembis Longs, a member of the Plateau State House of Assembly, has passed away. The late Longs was...

Usifo Ataga: Illegible statements stall Chidinma’s trial

Illegible statements served on the defence counsels on Tuesday stalled the trial of Chidinma Ojukwu, who was accused of killing Usifo Ataga,...

Lagos govt seal: MDCN issues licenses to Vedic Hospital foreign doctors

The Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) has finally issued practicing licenses to three foreign doctors at Vedic Lifecare Hospital in...

Transparency: Only six LGs in Nigeria have active websites – CFTIW rates MDAs, states

The Centre for Fiscal Transparency and Integrity Watch (CFTIW) has found that only six local government councils (LGCs) in Nigeria have functioning...

Many feared dead as explosion rocks Benue community [PHOTOS]

Scores have been reportedly killed in a fuel tanker explosion at the Amoke village of Apa Local Government Area in Benue State.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama has reacted to the demolition of a section of the staff quarters of the Nigerian High Commission in Ghana.

A source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs who spoke to newsmen had said that a businessman had previously claimed ownership of the piece of land where the Nigerian High Commission’s staff quarters were erected.

The source equally stated that the man showed up last week with some papers to support his claim and began to knock down the fence surrounding the building.

According to the source, the Nigerian High Commission had petitioned the Ghanaian Government about it, but there was no response.

However, the businessman returned to the property on Friday with a bulldozer and began to pull down the buildings.

Reacting, Onyeama in a tweet via his Twitter account on Sunday morning condemned the incident, demanding that urgent action be taken by the Ghanaian government.

He said, ”We strongly condemn two outrageous criminal attacks in Accra, Ghana, on a residential building in our diplomatic premises by unknown persons in which a bulldozer was used to demolish the building.

Sign up to FREE email alerts from Tribunepoint Weekly - Daily News

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

- Advertisement -

Read Also

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest News

‘We have lost a royal blood’ – Ganduje reacts to death of Buhari Daura

Governor Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has expressed shock over the death of businessman and an elder statesman, Alhaji Sani Buhari Daura.

Plateau lawmaker, Henry Longs is dead

Henry Soembis Longs, a member of the Plateau State House of Assembly, has passed away. The late Longs was...

Building collapse: Ensure application of standards in your operations – Minister tells Engineers

The Minister of Power, Mr Abubakar Aliyu has called on engineers in the building sector to be proactive and ensure standard operations...

Invest in education – NANS to Southwest governors

Oladimeji Uthman, the Deputy Coordinator of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) in the southwest, has urged governors in the region...

Buhari, Blinken discuss Nigeria’s insecurity, human rights, free press

President Muhammadu Buhari and United States Secretary of State, Antony Blinken met in Abuja on Thursday. A statement by...